Why make a Will?
This page offers information on making a Will. For more information please see our Wills Frequently Asked Questions page.
BECAUSE IT SHOWS YOU CARE
Most people believe that they do not need a Will for their nearest or dearest to inherit their money. Whilst there is a system to define who inherits from people who die without a Will (intestate), this often produces the ‘wrong’ result
Get it wrong and it can cause heartache for your family, not to mention potentially considerable costs, which would be paid from your estate and reduce the money available to be inherited.
BECAUSE IT SHOWS YOUR WISHES
Don’t leave your family to second-guess your wishes after your death. Make a Will because
- YOU decide who inherits
- YOU decide who sorts everything out after your death (called Executors) including who looks after the inheritance of any young children (Trustees) and who is their guardian.
- YOU can arrange to protect the interests of an unmarried partner
- YOU can make appropriate financial arrangements for your children even if they don’t live with you, and for grandchildren or step-children if you wish
- YOU can ring-fence assets to prevent everything being spent in long-term care fees
- YOU know you’ve done your best and received proper advice about anything that seems confusing
DON’T LEAVE IT TOO LATE!
Please call us now on 0116 233 5522 or complete the
Online Enquiry form on the right of this page and we will be delighted to help you.